Lodging in Sesto Fiorentino
Sesto Fiorentino is a modern city located less than 15 kms from Florence, to which it’s well connected by bus and trains. It’s internationally renowned for the productiopn of pottery, but it also offers a varied natural territory to visit - like Monte Morello - and many architectural sites for learning a bit more about local culture. Besides the many Etruscan findings of the area, unfortunately preserved inside private villas, there are two parks that deserve to be mentioned: the Park of Villa Gamba and that of Villa Solaria, both marvellous examples of English gardens.
Sesto has plenty of villas to visit, in particular Villa Gerini seems to be tied with the famous wooden puppet Pinocchio, even if its hometown is Collodi. The story goes that the novel is set in Sesto Fiorentino, in different locations of Colonnata to be more precise, as well as in Villa Gerini and its park which, partially realized in the XIXth century, has been actually dedicated to the novel and its wooden protagonist.
2 Properties found: Sesto Fiorentino accommodation list
Write directly to the owner, get the best offer!
Check availability & Book on property's website
- Rooms: 28
- Location: Sesto Fiorentino (City)
- Daily price: From € 86 to € 190
3 star hotel located in Sesto Fiorentino few miles from Florence center. The hotel is set in a state villa surrounded by a large flowered garden with a pleasant pool. Florence can be easily reached by train from Sesto Fiorentino train station.
- Rooms: 53
- Location: Sesto Fiorentino (City,Countryside)
- Daily price: From € 72 to € 140
Set in 14th century villa in Florence surroundings, this luxury hotel offers tastefully furnished rooms. It offers free shuttle bus service to and from Florence center.
- Florence Super Saver: Best of Florence Walking Tour, Accademia Gallery, Uffizi Gallery and Florence DuomoFrom €85,00 More info
- Cinque Terre Day Trip with Transport from FlorenceFrom €90,00 More info
- Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing TourFrom €90,00 More info