Enchanting country house with pool 10 km from Siena
San Giovanni in Poggio is a beautiful country house born from the restoration following ecological criteria of an old farm house in the picturesque and natural setting of the Crete Senesi and the Val d'Orcia, just 10 km from Siena.
The property offers a large swimming pool with a solarium and 5 cozy, spacious apartments with all of today's modern comforts.
For a great relaxing experience, San Giovanni in Poggio offers its guests professional shiatsu treatments to enjoy directly at the farmhouse, upon request.
Top 3 reasons you'll love San Giovanni in Poggio
From atop a hill, the farmhouse looks over the magnificent 360° panorama of the Crete Senesi, stepping into a postcard from Tuscany
Guests glowingly review the courtesy and helpfulness of the owners
Its central location makes it an ideal base from which to explore Siena and Tuscany, from San Gimignano to Pienza and everything in between
The panoramic views of the surrounding hillside and the skyline of the nearby city of Siena mark your stay and your quiet moments making it a memorable one.
San Giovanni in Poggio was born after a careful restoration of an old rural home accomplished in an eco-friendly manner. This is why the villa is a veritable example of what bio-housing can be.
In the countryside with all comforts
The house consists of five beautiful apartments, very spacious and fully detached with a unique country mood. The apartments all have wonderful views of the surrounding countryside and are:
- CREPUSCOLO (50 m2): located on the ground floor, the apartment consists of a double bedroom, bathroom, living room with sofa bed, kitchen. The apartment can accommodate up to 4 people with the use of the sofa bed.
- AURORA (55 m2): located on the ground floor, the apartments offers a double bedroom, bathroom, living room with sofa bed, kitchen. It can accommodate up to 4 people with the use of the sofa bed.
- VESPRO (80 m2) and ALBA (80 m2): these two apartments are both located on the 1st floor, each with a double bedroom, bathroom, a second double bedroom in the loft with window, living room with sofa bed, and kitchen. Both accommodate up to 6 people each (4+2) and are completely separate.
- MERIGGIO (95 m2): located on the ground floor, the largest of the apartments has 2 bedrooms with a bathroom each, a living room with sofa bed, and the kitchen. The apartment can accommodate up to 6 people (4+2).
Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen with a full-size fridge, oven, dishwasher and washing machine. The apartments also have satellite TV, hair dryer in the bathrooms, wireless Internet Access. Every apartment has its own outdoor space with a lovely pergola right outside each apartment, equipped with tables and chairs where guests can enjoy great lunches, dinners and moments of relaxation complete with a view.
History, art and nature
San Giovanni in Poggio is located in an area famous for its tourist attractions and incredible landscapes. Just ten kilometers from Siena, San Giovanni is set in the evocative area of the Crete Senesi near the Val d'Orcia and famous towns such as Pienza and Montalcino. This is the perfect place from which to set off every day to discover the incredible history and nature of Tuscany.
Guided tours, horseback riding, wine tasting, hiking and cycling will all be possible having Poggio San Giovanni as your base. The owners will help you set up any bookings or offer suggestions as to where to head for any activities you enjoy.
Kindness and care
The owners of the San Giovanni in Poggio share a common love for Siena's territory and their job as hosts. For this reason, they provide their guests with a free pass to the most important monuments in Siena and to Palazzo Piccolomini in nearby Pienza.
Your vacation will give you the chance to explore a beautiful area of Tuscany and to enjoy nature, art, history and culture for a unique stay. Contact them today to book your stay!
Meet the Di Bello family, owners of San Giovanni in Poggio
Our family, deeply in love with the magnificent countryside around Siena, found an abandoned farmhouse to the south of the city and decided to bring it back to life with a special restoration project that lasted over 3 years. Today, San Giovanni in Poggio is a warm and cosy refuge in the winter and a cool, shady shelter filled with light in the summer.
We hope you'll join us to discover the beauty of San Giovanni in Poggio and the Siena countryside on your holiday to Tuscany!
- Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day Trip from Florence Including LunchFrom €80,00 More info
- Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing TourFrom €90,00 More info
- Best of Florence Combo Saver: Walking Tour with Skip-the-Line to David and Uffizi GalleryFrom €85,00 More info