Set in on genuine Tuscan farm, Agriturismo Le Selvole offers a truly wonderful opportunity to explore Italy and enjoy a relaxing stay inimmersed in the famed natural goodness of Tuscany.
The main building is divided into 4 completely independent apartments, each with two bedrooms and its own dedicated garden area. The special position between the coast of Tuscany and the sloping hills of Chianti, is a guarantee that you will find just the right mix of history, nature and delicious food.
Create new memories at the vacation rentals just outside of Volterra including hiking the natural reserves, playing on the sandy beaches, visiting medieval hilltop towns and relaxing in a tranquil and comfortable environment.
Perfect Setting for a Family Vacation
This family run farmhouse offers many options, one can either rent the holiday apartments separately, 4 in total or, for larger groups, the entire structure can be used as a vacation villa. The apartments are divided with two on the ground floor, each with its own private dedicated garden area for picnics. The 2 apartments on the first floor have their own green space in the large garden area that surrounds the villa. The distinctly country decor - with the thick wooden furniture, brick and stone accents, and terracotta floors - gives the vacation apartments a comfortable and homey feel. Each apartment has two bedrooms: one bedroom has a double bed and one bedroom with two single beds. There is a bathroom with shower and a fully equipped kitchen. For extra comfort, the windows all have mosquito nets and all throughout the villa it is possible to have WI FI access. The villa also boasts a large indoor common area with full kitchen and bathroom so that large groups can eat meals together.
The owners have thought of everything, in fact you will find a convenient laundry area with washing machine and ironing. It is easy to enjoy the panoramic views while lounging at the pool, surrounded by the family vineyards or grill up the local specialities at the BBQ. In addition to the outdoor games like ping pong, billiards and other items especially for young children, it is possible to use the mountain bikes and explore the trails located on the property. Upon request, arrange for breakfast whichhighlights the local specialities or even a taste testing of the natural wholesome foods that abound in this area including olive oil and wine.
Among the many extras, Le Selvole has covered parking.
Many Alternatives for your Holiday Experience
Located immediately around the farmhouse are many options such as exploring the great outdoors at Monterufoli with trails for hiking near an old mining establishment and several old bridges spanning the river Ritasso. However if history captures your attention, go no further than Volterra, a Neolithic settlement, which is now a beautiful hilltop town with a rich history with the Etruscans, the Romans and Florentine influence. And if you are just looking to relax, then Cecina, a popular tourist resort with enticing sandy beaches for getting sun in the day and an nightlife for dancing, music and restaurants is the perfect stop.
With a short drive through the wonderful Tuscan landscape one can plan several day trips. Pisa, built on on the Arno river which makes its way to the coast through Florence, offers many green areas to relax and explore their rich history and not just the Tower of Pisa. If you head towards Florence, then you should stop at Pistoia, a small town which is truly worth the visit with its lovely churches, peaceful city streets and shops. An all time favorite is Cinque Terre, along the coast of Italy, is a easy day trip with the use of the major nearby highways.
More organized activities:
- Tastings: the possibility to participate in tastings of typical Tuscan dishes prepared with genuine products from the company and using only Tuscan products which are KM 0, invoking the traditions of classic Italian recipes. Wine and oil tastings are also available. It is possible to purchase some of these items.
- Life in the Countryside: the opportunity to have an agritourism experience (harvest of the grain, harvest of the grapes, etc.) as well as meet the animals of the farm (chickens, rabbits, goats and pigs). Especially fun for the children.
- Horseback: for large and small, a horseback ride with our partners at “Centro Ippico Santa Barbara” at Pomarance (7km). Programmed lessons on a horse or pony, horseback riding and a week of activities for the kids.
- Cooking Lessons with Dinner: another activity which is great for the young and old. Short lessons on the preparation of typical Tuscan dishes with the help of a professional cook. Dine on the end results.
- Italian Language Lessons: with a one week stay, participate in Italian language lessons held by professional university teachers, qualified to teach Italian to non native speakers.
- Spa Treatments: with an appointment, indulge in a spa treatment by a professional beauty care giver (massages, peelings, etc.)